MP Bank Capital Markets Division
- Specializes in bond, equity and derivative products for the Icelandic market
- Leader in market share on the Icelandic bond market
- Primary dealer and market maker in the Icelandic bond market
- Market maker and authorized dealer in Icelandic securities
- Provides brokerage services for both the Icelandic and international markets at favorable commissions
- Offices at MP Bank´s headquarters in Reykjavik and in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Focused on providing first-class service and results for our clients
The Capital Markets Division and the Bank have remained profitable throughout the trying year of 2009. MP Bank is the oldest bank in Iceland and has not received any subsidies from the government since its founding nor during the economic downturn of recent times.
Professional advice on securities trading
At MP Bank Capital Markets, customers can trade equities, bonds and derivatives on all principal international markets. The experts of MP Bank Capital Markets offer professional advice and personal service designed to meet the needs of each individual client. The service is tailored to both large and small clients, and there is no minimum trading volume.
Derivatives trading for professional investors
Capital Markets offers professional investors the option of trading in derivatives. Such trading is in the form of swap contracts with the bank. Both cash and securities may be used as collateral for the contracts.
Favorable purchase and sales commissions
MP Bank places emphasis on favorable commissions for its clients irrespective of whether the trading is performed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange or on international markets.
Custody of securities
MP Bank undertakes the custody of securities for its clients. Once clients have established a custody account with MP Bank, they can access a statement of their securities holdings at any time. Clients are encouraged to contact the staff of Capital Markets for more information on the establishment of custody accounts.
Ready access to international markets
MP Bank hf. is a direct member of the stock markets in Iceland, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius through the NASDAQ OMX stock exchange partnership. Moreover, MP Bank has ready access to all principal markets in Europe and the United States.